US Student Visa: Types Of USA Student Visa

Hello There! Do you or your wards wish to study in the United States Of America? If yes, you will need to have an American Students Visa to be able to achieve your American dream. Today, I will be showing you the various types and how to apply for a USA student Visa.

Do you know that there are various types of American visas for international students? Before you can apply for a USA student visa, it is important to first of all, know the type of USA Student Visa that is appropriate for you.

USA Student VISA: What are the Types of USA Student VISA

Whether you wish to undertake a college, undergraduate, or postgraduate academic program in the United States of America, you will need to have your USA Visa for students handy. Your course of study and the type of school you plan to attend will determine the type of USA student Visa that you will need to apply for.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Canadian Visa Sponsorship Program – Your Graet Chance To Get Permanent Canadian Residence Free is Here

USA Students Visa: Types Of Student Visa

You are going to need any of the 3 types of student visas if you are an international student wishing to study in the USA. The following are three types of USA student visas available and they are meant for different kinds of study disciplines and plans. The 3 types of USA student visas and the respective courses and programs where each type of Students Visa can be applied are listed below.

  • F Student visa
  • J Student Visa
  • M Student Visa

USA M Student Visa

The M Student Visa though not as common as the F1 student visa, is required for Vocational or other recognized nonacademic institutions, other than a language training program in the USA. Generally, this category of student Visa is meant for non-academic or vocational studies or training in the United States.

J Student Visa

This USA student visa category is for Student and Exchange visitors. You will need the J1 visa if you are undertaking any of the United States government Exchange Visitor programs. The available exchange visitor programs currently in the US are listed below:

  • Au pair and EduCare
  • Camp Counselor
  • Government Visitor
  • Intern
  • International Visitor (Dept. of State use)
  • Physician
  • Professor and Research Scholar
  • Short-term Scholar
  • Specialist Student,
  • college/university Student,
  • secondary Summer Work Travel
  • Teacher
  • Trainee

F Student Visa

This is the commonest type of USA student visa for international students. It covers most of the types of academic programs and courses for international students in the USA. It includes the popular F1 Student Visa. The F student visa of the United students government is for studying at an accredited U.S. college or university or to study English at an English language institute.

The following types of academic programs in the USA will require an F-type USA student Visa.

  • University or College
  • High school
  • Seminary
  • Private elementary school
  • Conservatory programs
  • Other academic institutions include a language training program

How To Apply For United States Student Visa

To apply for Students VISA in the USA, you will need to visit the USA visa portal to complete the application online. Following this, you will be communicated with when and how to attend your USA Student Visa interview if applicable to you. The USA student visa portal will give you more information on how to go about your Student Visa application process.

From this article, I hope you can now choose the appropriate category for US Student Visa for you or your wards who wish to undertake any study or training in the United States.

Kindly share this article on USA Visa with your friends and loved ones on social media.