The Henry & Sara Sheehan Foundation is happy to call for applications for the annual Sara scholarship program. The Sara Scholarship Program is for female high school seniors who have some involvement with the sport of golf and who have the intention to graduate at the end of the school year.
Description Of The Sara Scholarship Program
This scholarship program was established in 2012. This was part of the final will of Sara Sheehan, who passed away in 2011. Sara Sheehan was a true golfer who possessed a lifelong passion for the game. Whether in good or ill health, she played as much as she could and later in life managed only a few holes at a time.
A minimum of twelve (12) $2000 scholarships will be awarded each year to female high school seniors who have some involvement with the sport of golf.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Canadian Scholarships For International Students – Apply Here
Levels and Areas of Studies Covered
The Sara Scholarship program covers undergraduate degrees in any field.
Place Of Study
The place of study is United States
Value of The Sarah Scholarship
Sara Scholarship scheme awards $2000 per year to be applied towards tuition, books, board and other college expenses. The grant is eligible for renewal throughout the applicant’s undergraduate college career for up to four years, for a total amount of $8000.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicant must be female
- Be high school seniors with the intention to graduate at the end of the school year
- Meet entrance requirements and plan to enrol at an accredited college or university in the United States
- Have a cumulative minimum unweighted GPA (grade point average) of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate excellent character and active involvement with the sport of golf. Skill in playing golf is not a criterion
- Examples include playing golf as a hobby or as part of a team, working at a golf course, as a caddy or in a pro shop, and any other direct, active engagement with the sport
Who can apply for This Scholarship?
United States citizens can apply. Others are unspecific.
Scholarship Application Instruction
The application must include:
- Completed Sara Scholarship Application form
- Copy of Official High School Transcript (including Fall semester grades from senior year)
- Applicant’s personal essay
- Copy of applicant’s Student Aid Report (SAR), including the Expected Family Contribution (EFC). NOTE: In order to qualify for the Sara Scholarship, you must first file a Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) with the U.S. Department of Education to determine your eligibility for student aid. It is extremely important to do this as soon as possible, as the application takes time to process and deadlines vary from state to state. Once your application is processed, the Department of Education will send you a Student Aid Report (SAR) detailing your eligibility for aid.
- One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, counsellor or administrator such as a principal. As an alternative, a letter of recommendation from a local business or professional person is acceptable. Please send only ONE letter of recommendation.
Application Submission Deadline
April 30th every year.