The Government of Flanders now is delighted to invite international students to apply for the Master Mind Scholarship, a newly launched scholarship for masters students from across the world with over 30 awards available for international master students studying at Flemish institutions.
The Government of Flanders is now launching an international scholarship program of Master Mind Scholarships which is purposed to promote the internationalization of the Flemish Higher Education. It awards up to 40 scholarships to outstanding Masters students from all over the world.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Canadian Scholarships For International Students
The winners of this scholarship may expect to receive a maximum of 8,000 Euros per academic year.
Level and Area of Studies
Masters degree in all subjects.
Place of Study
At Flemish Institution outside the Flanders
Eligibility and Criteria
All interested candidates are expected to meet all of the following criteria:
- The applicant is registered as a full-time student at a higher education institution
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential.
- The Home Institution of the applicant and the Flemish Host Institution have signed a cooperation agreement.
All Nationalities from across the world. There is no nationality restriction.
Applications are to be submitted through the Flemish host institution, in consultation with the home institution of the applicant. The home institution of the applicant and the Flemish host institution should have signed a cooperation agreement for the application to go through.
30 April every year.
Master Mind Scholarship Details
- The duration of mobility is one academic year for a master’s programme of 60 ECTS and two academic years for a master’s programme of 120 ECTS.
- The incoming student is awarded a maximum scholarship of €8 400 per academic year according to the details mentioned in the section Payment of the scholarship.
- If a student completes a one-year Master programme, but does not obtain the Master degree at the end of the academic year in 2023 (July or September) the final installment of €1 400 will not be awarded.
In case of a two-year Master Programme at least 54 ECTS must be obtained in the first academic year in 2023 (July or September) to be able to receive the final installment of €1 400 of the first year and to be entitled to the scholarship for the second academic year. More information can be found in the section Payment of the scholarship.
Exceptions to this rule can only be granted by VLUHR in agreement with the hosting institution and the Department of Education and Training.
- The host institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee that equals the lowest rate of the yearly tuition fee for a student who receives a study grant from the Flemish government. The rate for the academic year 2022-2023 is €115,80. This rate may increase slightly from year to year.
- If a student loses his/her scholarship, the student will have to pay the
full tuition fee if he/she wants to continue the programme without the
- There are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries: Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2) and USA (5). These countries are priority countries for the Flemish government. If a scholarship is not taken up, it is awarded to the candidate ranked highest by the Flemish selection committee.
- Students should not combine this scholarship with another scholarship from the Flemish government or an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
- Upon completion of the mobility, all students are expected to submit an essay and fill in a short questionnaire about their mobility.
- A maximum of 20 applications can be submitted per Flemish higher education institution.
How To apply for the Master Mind Scholarship of The Government of Flanders
To apply for this scholarship, you will need to visit the scholarship website for more instructions and the application guidelines below.