The American University, Washington DC, is happy to call for applications from eligible candidates from qualified countries to apply for the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship.
Brief Description Of The Scholarship
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is targeted at high-achieving international students who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in the US and who are dedicated to positive civic and social change. It is intended for students who will be to returning home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in his/her home country.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Postgraduate Courses
Place Of Study/Host Institution(s):
American University, Washington DC, USA
Level/Field(s) of study:
Any undergraduate study offered at the American University.
Who Can Apply for The Emerging Global Leader Scholarship?
The scholarships are targeted at international students from any country who are not U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or dual citizens of the U.S. and another country.
The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board). The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S. $4,000).
It is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
Eligibility For Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following: 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above); sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017); 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above); 33 minimum SAT Reading Subscore; 29 minimum ACT English; 65 minimum PTE; or 120+ Duolingo
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma in at least 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August of the year of study.
PLEASE NOTE: You are NOT eligible to apply if:
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- You graduated secondary school earlier than 2020.
To apply to the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship, you must apply and complete the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by 15 December (priority deadline) or by 15 January at the latest ANNUALLY. AU EGLS applicants must apply for Regular Decision for fall (August). Do not apply Early Decision (ED).
How To Apply for Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.american.edu/admissions/international/egls.cfm