The DAAD scholarships program in Germany is happy to call for applications from students from developing countries and newly industrialized countries for the DAADS scholarships in Germany for development-related postgraduate courses in Germany. It is a fully-funded scholarship.
Description Of The Scholarship
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarships offer foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years of professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree and to obtain a university qualification (Masters/PhD) in Germany.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Canadian Scholarships For International Students
Levels and Areas of Studies Covered
It is a post-graduate scholarship for Masters or PhD programmes in Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics; Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Medicine and Public Health; Social Sciences, Education and Law; and Media Studies.
Place Of Study
Germany. German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
Value of The Scholarship
Fully funded. The scholarships include monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding. The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) for Masters and 42 months for PhD.
Eligibility and Criteria
The typical scholarship holder:
• Is currently working either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application
• His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
• For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
• For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based)
Who can apply for This Scholarship?
Only students from eligible countries can apply. Click here to view the full list of eligible countries.
Scholarship Application Instruction
Applications must be made directly to the respective course. Please refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted.
For more information, visit the official DAAD scholarship website FAQs and the DAAD Scholarship brochure.
Application Submission Deadline
Deadline varies depending on the course but falls around August-October annually.
YOU MAY LIKE THIS ALSO: Australia Awards Scholarships For International Students
How To Apply For This Scholarship
Visit the official DAAD Scholarships website to access the application form and for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Website and Application Link
To apply, visit the official DAAD Scholarships website and complete the application form if you sweet the eligibility requirement.